On my THIS post, we looked at Diabetes, today we will look at Hypertension.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure is a long term medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated , thickening making less room for blood to circulate.
common causes include
- Excess salt,
- Excess body weight.
- smoking and alcohol
- Genetics – Please note that if you lifestyle practices are good it lowers your chances of being hypertensive
visit your nearest clinic or hospital for a blood pressure test
normal Bp 120/88 mm/hg
SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSION
- blurry vision.
- Chest pain.
- severe headache
- Difficulty breathing.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Blood in the urine.
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears. etc
HOW TO CONTROL HYPERTENSION WITHOUT MEDICATION
- learn to deal with stress
- Exercise regularly (30-60 min most days of the week)
- Eliminate Caffeine , tobacco and Alcohol)
- Eat low sodium foods like Vegetables and fruits
- limit sodium intake (2/3-1tsp /d)
see ? Hypertension is not a death sentence, There is Hope! You can make things better starting today.!